Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Natives Are Restless

Oh my...need I say more? What a day! My children, first thing this morning, painted their faces, gave themselves native names, donned what "Indian" gear they had, and then went totally WILD all day. Do any of you mothers out there ever long for bedtime? Tonight, I'll admit, it just couldn't come soon enough. My children are really starting to get bored with summer. They've had a great summer, got to do a lot of fun things, go lots of places, but I almost think they're tired of being home so much. Playing in the pool isn't nearly as fun as it was the first week in June, and riding their bikes just isn't cutting it these days. Thankfully school starts Friday. YEAH!!!!! Jeffrey won't start for another couple of weeks, and he'll only go three days a week, but the two oldest will be in full swing starting Monday. Here are my "natives".

I think DaNae was a combo of "native" and "clown". Anyway, they used their imaginations, and they certainly were original.


And then there's Makayla. She was VERY restless today as well. Very fussy, and dissatisfied. I finally ended up putting her in my "wrap", and doing my housework with her in that, sitting on my hip. She seemed much more content. She just wanted to be held all day. I think she's getting close to getting a tooth or two.
Anyway, now the house is quiet, and I truly am enjoying it. I know, I know, one of these days, I'll long for the sound of "natives" running through the house. I'm trying to keep that in mind.

4 comments:

Leah said...

I loved the pictures - they looked so adorable!!! That baby has cheeks that beg to be pinched!! And by the way, I still long for bedtime to come and I have teenagers!!!

Janiece said...

I hear ya sista, my kids are ready for school too. Well, Talon is, but Keegan still wants to stay home with me. Talon was so FULL of energy this morning, I tried one of my mother'old tricks and made him run a few laps around the house to rid of some of it.

Ronda said...

What fun pictures! I can't believe your little one is getting so big..She is adorable! Think of all we would miss out on without our little "natives"...We all need quiet "Mommy moments" every once in a while, though.Hope to see you soon!

tacomom said...

In response to the comment about knowing that someday you will wish you had natives running around...I read a really neat thought in a Janette Oak book about simply preserving these days in your memory so that when you are old and lonely you can pull them out and think on them for a while. That helped me to be rid of the guilt of not being able to "enjoy" these days :)