Friday, August 17, 2007

School Shopping and Decorating!


"We got out our lists, and checked them twice, and found out just what would be nice"...to have for the new school year. I took the children to Wal-mart and we got all (I hope) of the things that they will need to get started this school year. We brought everything home, divided it, sharpened pencils, and sharpened pencils, and...well, you get the picture. I think that the children are really getting excited for the school year to start. We got our school uniforms in the mail before we went to camp, and a week from tomorrow the new school year will start. Just doesn't seem possible. I fixed supper for the family, and as soon as Paul got home from work I headed out the door to a friend's house who has just recently moved. Becky had called me earlier in the week and wanted me to come and help her decorated her house. So for about five hours tonight I hung pictures and shelves, and on and on. I wasn't able to get the whole house completed, but most of the downstairs is done, and I'll go back next week to finish up. It was great to be with her again, and to get to do something that I thoroughly enjoy. Tomorrow I'll be packing to go away for the night. My aunt and uncle are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary in Louisville, KY this weekend. We are planning on leaving tomorrow evening, spending the night at my grandparent's place, then going the rest of the way for the reception on Sat. This weekend will prove to be a busy one, I'm sure. Just wanted to blog once more before the weekend hit. Probably won't blog again until sometime next week. Everyone take care, and I am sure am glad you stopped by. Be sure to let me know you were here.

7 comments:

Leah said...

Loved buying all that new school stuff when my kids were younger. Now I have to wait til my kids actually start school to see what they will need for the high school classes and the college ones! Scary!! Would love to see pics of the decorating!!

Bobbie said...

I'm going today to get school stuff done (I hope). I think it's kind of exciting to buy new school supplies for my kids though. I just dread it because they are becoming so picky. But guess who gets the final say so....

LaDonna said...

Sounds like fun! I love shopping for school supplies, I just LOVE new paper and pencils! I usually buy a new planner and new pencils JUST FOR ME! Have a good time in KY. Don't you just love that little radio feature! Glad you got one, too!

JLA said...

I always enjoy reading your posts Katrina, even though you probably never know I stop by because I never write anything back!

Last night I was reading what you wrote and I became sad.....you were talking about how you were biking and the Lord was visiting you and he showed you some areas to work on.... I said to myself, self, if Catrena has to work on her faith what hope do you have? I'm still asking myself that question this morning.....

Catrena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

There is just something exciting about all the newness of school supplies because you never know what the new year will bring. I enjoy reading your post.

Mary Ellen said...

I love how Walmart SuperCenter has all the supplies in one long aisle - sure makes it a whole lot easier on we Mom's huh? The only thing we had to leave that section for was the bigger selection of backpacks. I couldn't believe how fast we were in and out of there today - but after seeing the total I thought "YIKES" when all four are in school! I think we'll hit Costco for bulk items instead. "-) Have a great weekend!