Thursday, August 2, 2007

Our Home Away From Home...

You are looking at our home away from home, after tomorrow, where we will spend the next 10 nights. We are headed to Camp meeting. I grew up going to camp, and absolutely loved it, and never would have wanted to miss it. So...when I began having children, I wanted the same thing for them. So when Jonathan was about two or three, we started going to camp, and haven't missed a year since. My children look forward to this time all year long. In the dead of winter, they talk about it, wishing they could go. This is our "family vacation". This is the third year that Paul has been able to take the whole time off, and go along, and we love it. We go to the Friends Camp in Muncie, In. This year the evangelists are: Gary Breuger and The Cassideys. We're really looking forward to the R&R as well as fellowship and spiritual enrichment. We leave tomorrow evening after Paul gets home from work, and we can hardly wait. The children are practically counting the hours. So...I won't be blogging for several days, unless I "happen" upon a computer I can use that has wireless Internet (not counting on that though). Everyone take care, and be sure to stop back by in a couple of weeks to check out the pics that I'm sure I'll have from camp. If you think of it, pray that the weather will cool down a bit, it's supposed to be stifling, and Paul really doesn't deal well with the humidity (he has severe asthma).

1 comment:

Leah said...

Will look forward to seeing you all there!!