Saturday, July 28, 2007

Tooth Fairy Story

I forgot to share with you the "Tooth Fairy Story". As you know (if you frequently read my blog) that the other day Jeffrey lost his first tooth. Well I posted about it, and promptly forgot to put anything under his pillow. Anyway, the next morning, after he had gotten up, I remembered, so I went into his room and placed a dollar under his pillow. A little while later he came to me and informed me that the tooth fairy had not come. I told him that he'd better go in and check again. He was pretty adamant about her not coming, but I finally convinced him to go look again. A minute or so later he came to me carrying his dollar, he was so proud. He announced that she had come in the morning instead of the night before. He then turned the dollar over and stuck to the dollar was a 25 cent, hot pink garage sale sticker. (I did not realize that it was on there.) His eyes got so big, and I said, "Looks like she must have gone to a garage sale". By looking in his eyes you could see the wheels turning. He wasn't sure just what to think about it all, but he promptly ran to Jonathan, showed him his dollar, and said, "Wook Jonathan, the tooth fairwy went to a gawage sale". When Paul got home from work, he told him the same thing. Paul told him that she probably had to have a garage sale in order to have the money to put under his pillow. LOL! I told him that she probably gathers all of these teeth and sells them at garage sales. Anyway, he was very intrigued to think that his tooth fairy goes to garage sales. Think of THAT (one of my favorite pastimes)! Wonder if she's busy next Friday? (Snicker, snicker.) Anyway, it made for a unique incident, and we had a few smiles over it. Hope it made you smile. Have a great day.

6 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

I'd like to go to that garage sale and see how many dollars I could buy for twenty five cents...talk about a bargain! "-) Cute story.

Julie Waggoner said...

cute! My kids have known for a long time that I'm the tooth fairy but I will never ever say that I am and it drives them crazy!!! And unfortunately I'm about like my Mom was--very forgetful!! Like you I'm always sneaking it in in the morning!
Julie

Michelle said...

The tooth fairy has forgetten to visit here before -- and it's always when Rodney leaves it to me. My kids still don't know who it really is yet and it's so fun to see their faces when they find something under their pillow!

tacomom said...

Too sweet! I cannot believe that Kerrigan even believes in the tooth fairy after her older sisters out and told her it was us. She still put her tooth under her pillow and acted like she'd never heard them.

LaDonna said...

Wow, Catrena, I didn't know you were such a good LIAR!!!! Too funny! Maybe the tooth fairy and I, and YOU can find some yard sales or thrift stores next week while we're at camp?? And she'll bring along some of those dollars she bought for .25, right??? Too cute, especially since I can just HEAR him saying "gawage sale!"

Down Blueberry Lane said...

Hi Catrena,
I found your blog linked from someone elses. It was a nice surprise to say the least and have enjoyed reading all your post.
I have saved it to my favorites and will be checking back.
Take care and have a good day,
Susie