Sunday, September 9, 2007

Ever Wonder What They'll Look Like?

I don't know if any of you mothers out there ever wonder what your children will look like when they grow up or not, but I do. I really am not wishing their lives away, but I just think it's interesting to think about. Several weeks ago, a girl in our church brought her boyfriend to church with her (they were home visiting from GBS). His name is Greg. They were sitting in the seat directly in front of us, and as I sat there during the service, I got to looking at him. Hair about the same color as Jeffrey's, same color eyes, stocky build, full lips, etc., and I just wondered, "Will Jeffrey look like him when he grows up?" So after church I had Greg hold Jeffrey so that I could get their picture together. What do you think? Any similarity? Just a curious question.

In other news, I haven't blogged this week because I have been extremely busy. Of course Monday was a holiday, and everything that that entails. On Tuesday morning, it was Jeffrey's first day of Kindergarten (hopefully I can post about that soon). After I got back from dropping the children off at school, I started on a major redecorating project...the boy's room (hopefully I can post pics of that soon too). Anyway, Tuesday I painted bunk beds, Wednesday I painted the ceiling and the window trim, Thursday I painted the rest of the trim and walls, and Friday I finished with about a hour of painting, and then worked the rest of the day putting it all back together. It really turned out nice, and I sure am glad that the project is now complete. It's a wonderful feeling. This week I'll be playing catch up on all of my housework and laundry that didn't get done LAST week because of being tied up on the redecorating project. On top of the redecorating, our church was in revival as well. I've promised myself that in the future, I will not undertake a huge project during the week of revival. It just made things more hectic, and stressful. I plan to plan better the next time.

Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by, and be sure to let me know you were here.

7 comments:

LaDonna said...

They do kind of look alike. Can't wait to see pictures of Jeffery's first day! And the boys' room.

Leah said...

Can't wait to see the redecorating!! Yes - those two boys definitely look alike to me!!

Carrie said...

Catrena, if you ask Sherry to pull out an old FCA year book ('93-'94 maybe), she could show you Greg's kindergarten picture. That will help give you an idea of what Greg used to look like.

I always wonder what my boys will look like when they grow up.

Simply Stork said...

Hello again...I do often wonder what my children will look like and I thought I was the only one...I have older children and younger ones and they all look alike as babies...cookie cutters really! But as they grow they take on a look of their own so I often look at my youngest one and wonder what his look will be.
~simply stork~

Mary Ellen said...

I've wondered that too, although I at least can look at my husband (I am pretty sure) and realize what the baby will probably look like!

Can't wait to see pics of the redecorated room.

Ronda said...

I, too, wonder what my kids will look like when they grow older...some people look just like their baby pics and some look totally different! Sounds like you have been a busy lady! Bet the boy's room looks great! Good for you!

Nicole Cassady said...

YOU have been "tagged!"
Please visit my blog for details!
www.cassadychronicles.blogspot.com