Monday, June 25, 2007

Seven Months Old Today and Catching Up!


Today Makayla turns seven months old. It really doesn't seem possible that she has been a part of our family that long already. Anyway, she has, and time keeps marching on. She sits up well on her own now, and when she's on her belly, tries to get up on her knees, and can push herself with her toes to get to what she wants. She is spoiled, I must admit, because she has three older siblings that think if she even whimpers that she has to be pick up, talked to, or made over in one way or another. I'm dreading when they all go off to school in the fall. I'll be holding her a lot, I'm sure. Oh well, their only young once, and I had a mother of five (whose children are all adults now) tell me last night that these are the best days. I told her that I had heard that before, and so I am trying to cherish every moment, even if I'm wore out. For all too soon they'll be grown, and I'll long for Jeffrey to ask me to tuck him in (like he did yesterday). Lord, help me focus on those tender moments, because in a heartbeat they will be no more.


And...


My friend Ladonna was here last week, and Paul's brother and his wife are coming next week, so...this week I'm playing catch up. Lots of laundry to do, I'm trying to re-organize my closet, clean out and get rid of. Tomorrow evening we are going to look at a house for sale. It actually is not on the market, but our realtor has known the owners for quite some time, and they want to sell, if she has a buyer. She thought of us, and it sounds like what we've been looking for. We drove by it last week and it is really nice. We're excited, and anxious, wondering if this is the house that the Lord has for us. So...with the thoughts, in the back of our heads, of possibly moving, I'm trying to clean out things, get rid of what we don't need, and what we don't use, in preparation for that, in case this is the house for us. So it's off to clean some more. Thanks for looking us up, and feel free to let me know that you stopped by.

4 comments:

l e antrobus said...

Even though you are busy, sounds much calmer than Saturday. :)

LaDonna said...

You know, I totally have that feeling that this is going to be the house for you! Just let me know what it looks like on the inside. I showed the pictures to Joe and he said, "that would be perfect for US!" I hope it all works out for you. Keep cleaning and getting rid...that will be fewer boxes to pack!

Mary Ellen said...

How exciting - keep us posted!

Michelle said...

Makayla is absolutely adorable!