Friday, June 29, 2007

Thank You God for My Ankle and Foot!!!

Well....tonight I am especially thankful that I can walk. Here's why. For the past few weeks I have been very diligent about riding my bike everyday. I am so proud of myself because my diligence is paying off, and the pounds are coming off (even if it is ever so slowly). Well, today was no exception. I usually ride in the evening, since Paul is home to watch the kids and when the temperature is a little cooler. Well, tonight about 8:30 I set out on my bike ride. As I was riding along, getting closer to town, I passed this house and two dogs came after me. However, the one that actually "nailed" me was one that looks almost exactly like the one pictured above...a PIT BULL. Thankfully he didn't even break the skin, but he did get quite a bit of a squeeze on it, and I'm already feeling the soreness. When I got home, I of course told Paul, and at the time I didn't realize that it was a Pit Bull. After I got to thinking about it, I got on-line and looked up some pictures of Pit Bulls, and seeing the pictures pretty much confirmed my suspicion. After I told Paul that, he called the Sheriff's Office. They immediately dispatched the Animal Control Officer (ACO) to come out to our house and get the story. He was very nice, and he told me...more than once, that I am a very lucky person that I did not sustain injuries much worse than I did. He said usually once a Pit Bull bites, and gets a grip, they usually don't let go. The only reason they usually let go is if they think they can get a better grip. In retrospect, I just am so thankful that the Lord protected me tonight. I realize NOW that it could have been sooooooooo much worse, and I could be in the hospital tonight, rather than at home, ...BLOGGING to you :) Anyway, the ACO left here and went immediately to the home where the dog resides, told the owners that they are to either keep the dog in the house, or if he is outside he is to be on a chain at all times. He also told us that if we are ever driving by and see that the dog is loose, we are to call him, and he will see that the dog is taken care of. I'm not afraid of dogs, but I think that I'll be making a purchase in the near future...a large can of MACE!!!





1 comment:

LaDonna said...

Oh, my goodness!! Thank the Lord you're ok. That is scary. It's an even better thing that you were on a bike and not WALKING!!!