Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"Doctor, Doctor, Have Mercy On Me!"

Well, today Makayla had to go to the doctor to get some immunizations. She got one orally, and four shots, two in each leg. I had all of the children with me, so they all got to experience their little sister being pricked and poked, and it was pretty hard on them to stand by and watch. Of course she cried harder with every poke, so the drama intensified. That's the first thing that was on our agenda today. Anyway, pretty much the usual. Didn't want to plan anything too intense for the day because I wasn't sure how Makayla would fair after all of her shots. So far so good.

After we got home from the dr., we worked up another large batch of beans (the are bearing VERY good this year)! Now I am baking some zucchini bread, we have several zucchini that need to be used, so thought I'd make some good zucchini, chocolate chip bread. I've grilled the zucchini (yummy), and made a great casserole out of it (thank you, Sis. Cutler) and I'm sure I'll probably make more bread and probably some muffins. If anyone has any other good ideas of what I can do with it, or if anyone wants some, please let me know.

5 comments:

LaDonna said...

I need to get ahold of my friend's recipe that is SO GOOD using zucchini, it's an italian casserole and I mean it's incredible. My kids didn't think they liked "that green stuff" and they cleaned this up and NEVER knew what that they'd eaten it!!!

Mary Ellen said...

Don't you hate it when they do the all four shots in one visit thing? Ours helps a little by having two nurses and they do it at the same time so it's more like getting two instead of four but even after four kids I always feel so sorry for them!! Taking four kids to get flu shots this past fall was a hoot too - Kaitlyn cried out of sympathy for her younger siblings before she even got stuck. Never a fun time for we Mom's. Glad she is doing Ok in spite of it all.

Janella Thompson said...

Hi, you may remember me as a Janella Hilligoss and not "Thompson" (connie hilligoss' daughter) I found your site thru Pattie stamper. I recently made an zucchini dish. you boil some maccaroni noodles and cube up some zucchini and put it in the water with the noodles. Once noodles are tender...drain and add 1 or 2 cans of diced tomatoes...and add cheese. You can use the kraft mac-n-cheese if you want. I make my own because I like the velveeta cheese better. You can add onion if you want too, I used the diced tomatoes with onion and it was great. My husband and I really liked it and he thought he was going to hate it. I am getting ready to make several loaves of bread this weekend...we love it.

Catrena said...

Thanks for the recipie. I'll have to try it. Yes, I knew who you were, I was just on your blog just a few min. ago. Thanks for stopping by.

Kelly S said...

So sorry about the shots. I hate it when my babies have to go through that.

I wish I lived closer. I would love to have some zucchini! I would love to have your zucchini casserole recipe. If you have extra time, you can email me at kelly.s@fuse.net.

I'm so glad you introduced yourself last weekend. It was nice seeing you in person so now I can put a "real" face with your blog:)