Monday, July 2, 2007

Baking, Canning, Playing, Enjoying!!!!

Today, temperature-wise, had to be the absolute PERFECT day. It was gorgeous! It was a very productive day for me, and I am thankful. I had many helpers, but first thing this morning, myself and the three oldest children worked up some green beans out of the garden, to get them ready to can.

Then I decided I'd better make some cookies since it literally has been weeks since I have baked any. I had help with making those as well.

I did laundry and cleaning. Paul's brother and his wife and family arrived tonight to spend the holiday with us. We have lived in Indiana for six years and they have never been to visit. We have been so excited to have them come, and the children could hardly wait for them to arrive. We have worked all day preparing for their arrival. We did however find a little time out for play. (The children had sat Makayla on the floor with her basket of toys with her back to me, he just looked so cute, I couldn't resist taking her picture.)

I was able to squeeze my bike ride in this evening, and just enjoyed the sunset so much. The Lord reminded me of His greatness, and just how awesome He is. I am so thankful for all of the many blessings in my life. I truly am a blessed woman, and He is so good to me. (DaNae took the picture below. I think she did a great job. Maybe I have a little photographer on my hands.)

6 comments:

Leah said...

I can't tell you how much I miss canning green beans!!! The picture of your baby is adorable!! I LOVE the sunset!!!! A great picture!!

tacomom said...

What a sweet picture of Makayla (did I spell it right?) That is just way too cute. DaNae did a great job. Train her up right! lol!

Rachel said...

Those green beans look like they will fit in mighty fine for home cooked meal and then you had all the helpers to make it even sweeter.

LaDonna said...

Loved the sunset photo...DaNae may be my next little aprentice!!! Great work on the green beans, they look yummy.

Rachel said...

Tell DaNae I said she did a great job taking that picture!

Mary Ellen said...

Isn't it funny how babies look just as cute from the back as they do from the front!?!?! Can't say the same about myself! "-)

Your daughter took a gorgeous picture of the sunset - I'm impressed.