Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Poses, Play Dough, Princes and Putt Putt

Well, the last time I blogged it was a blog about my children, and when I went to post a picture of them, I realized that I did not have a real recent one of all of them together. So on Saturday, they were all dressed somewhat alike, and so I thought it would be a good time to get a shot of them together. This pose is about my favorite out of the bunch.

This week I've been working with Jeffrey to get him ready to go to kindergarten. We've been playing all sorts of games, and doing lots of tactile learning as well. On Friday we did quite a bit with play dough, and then after the learning part was done, we resorted to making bears (not pictured) and turtles. We each made one, and I thought that my budding artists didn't do too bad.

Then on Monday my sister, who is an elementary school teacher, came to visit, and help me write some lesson plans for the remainder for the summer, helping Jeffrey with his alphabet, etc. While they were here, Jonathan hooked up the little trailer to his bike (thanks to Julie Waggoner's garage sale) that I bought this weekend, and he was the butler, and Jeffrey and my niece, Elizabeth were the king and queen. They looked so cute. When they got out of the "carriage" Jeffrey helped Elizabeth out, and put his arm around her as they were walking away. I tried to get a picture of that too, but that moment got away too quickly.

Then tonight we had a "Girls Night Out". All of the ladies from church were invited. We dined at the Olive Garden, then we went and played Putt Putt. There were 17 of us in all, and we had a blast. After we played our round of "golf", Melva Carey bought tokens for all of us to do the batting range. It was a hoot. Ask Sarah Fry how much fun it was. After we left there we had a Chinese fire drill on the way home, with only SOME passengers participating...ahem...Kim Waggoner. All in all it was a wonderful time, and I can't wait until we can do it again. I really needed the time out. Thanks, Beth Wilhelm, for organizing this event. Not everyone that went to dinner went to play putt putt, so the pictures below only show those that went to play golf too. Sorry Cathy, Bobby Jean and Birdie.


L-R: Sarah Fry, Catherine Highlander, Kim Waggoner, and Janice Cooper. I was on this team too, but I took the picture.


L-R: Julie Waggoner, Rachel Stafford, Jenny Gardner, Jody Johnson, Rose Fry, Melissa Huffer.



L-R: Lynette Cooper, Melva Carey, and Beth Wilhelm.

Jenny did more fishing than putting. There were water traps all throughout the course, and I think she fished her ball out of the water more than anyone else. It was hilarious. Here she is fishing again.


She finally decided that this was a better way to play. Just use the net that was used to fish the ball out of the water to get the ball in the hole. LOL!


Since there were several of us, we split up into three teams. These three ladies were the "winners" out of the three teams...they had the most points!!!!!!!! It sure was a lot of fun though.
And, last but certainly not least, one final picture. Sarah Fry in the batting cage. She was never so glad to get out of there. I'm not sure if she thought she was playing soccer, cause some of the time she was chasing the ball, then sometimes I think she thought she was playing dodge ball, because she was trying to get away from it. It certainly was a Kodak moment. I didn't get the funny parts, but I think Julie Waggoner has a video of it, I'm hoping she'll post on her blog.

Hey, everybody, thanks for stopping by, and hope you'll check in again soon, and be sure to let me know you were here.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like so much fun. I was going to come but just have too much going on this week. Maybe next time....

Jenny Gardner said...

pay backs are ON The way girl!!!! what a PICTURE:-) and what a great evening!

Leah said...

Catrena, looks like you had a blast! Just thinking about the "winners" at putt-putt cracks me up!!

tacomom said...

Looks like fun! Hope I am able to go next time. But I'll have to make sure NOT to get caught on your candid camera! lol!

Mary Ellen said...

Girls Night Out are so much fun! You did a great job giving us a glimpse into your evening with your pictures.

Melva C said...

Thanks, Catrina, for making us look good...lol!! Actually, the golf clubs we are holding at our heads are suppose to look like an 'L' standing for losers...LOL!! If you count who got the most points, I guess we 'were' the winners! We did have an awesome time and it was fun night out. Thanks Jenny and Beth.

LaDonna said...

Sounds like a total blast!! And a Chinese fire drill???? It's been about ..... years since I've done one of those! :) I'm so glad you all had this chance to get away and be "GIRLS!!"

Janiece said...

We sure did have fun, didn't we?!?! No kids, no hubbys, we need times like that every once in awhile. Glad to be on your team, next time I will step it up a notch and beat you for first place, LOL:)